1) REGULAR LLOYD PARK USERS
To ensure the safe-running of the event, Lloyd Park will operate differently to normal during the days and times below:
Please check back here for information regarding road and park closure closer to the time of the event.
2) FAMILIES AND YOUNG CHILDREN
Walthamstow Garden Party is a very family-friendly event. We do everything we can to make the weekend enjoyable for the whole family, whilst maintaining the magic and fun!
Care & Safety
Please remember the following tips when bringing kids to Walthamstow Garden Party:
- No unaccompanied under 14s are allowed onsite – all under 14s must be accompanied by an over 18 and this adult must remain on site throughout the event.
- We recommend picking up one of our kids wristbands which parents can write their mobile phone numbers on – these are available from the main entrance and from the Family Info Stall.
- Lost children and people are looked after by the Welfare team and all relevant agencies are contacted
- No unaccompanied under 14s are allowed onsite – all under 14s must be accompanied by an over 18 and this adult must remain on site throughout the event
- Where age restrictions apply. Proof of age/ID may be required.
- Walthamstow Garden Party may include performances that are unsuitable for children. Where this is the case age restrictions will be advertised in advance and signed at the festival where possible.
3) YOUNG PEOPLE
There will be lots of young people involved in the event across the weekend, particularly in the Earthly Paradise Tent, a space developed to showcase work for and by young people. If you want to find out more about the Barbican’s work with young people sign up to Young Barbican.
4) GENERAL ADVICE & FACILITIES
By entering the event site you agree to be filmed and photographed. Images may be used by the Barbican and its partners for press, marketing and archive purposes. If you do not want your photo to be taken or for photos of you to be used, please go to the info points and we can ensure this is communicated to the relevant parties.
A huge range of food and drink will be on sale across the weekend. Everything from local produce on the island to a mouth-watering line-up of international street food in the Real Food Festival. There’ll also be food, drinks, snacks and ice-creams on sale at both William Morris Gallery Tea Room and Le Delice in the Park as well as two ice cream vendors onsite.
You may bring your own food into the event site.
You are not permitted to bring opened/unsealed containers with soft drinks or water into the festival. You may bring sealed cans of soft drinks into the festival site.
You can bring empty bottles sized 500ml or less to use at water refill points inside the festival,
If you have a valid medical condition or need to bring babies milk, please email us at [email protected]
Three bars will be operating over the event weekend. See ‘Around the Park’ for more information on the food and drink offer at Walthamstow Garden Party.
Some stalls and food traders will be able to accept card payments but the majority won’t, so we recommend you bring enough cash with you to get what you need. The nearest cash machines are located next to the Tesco Metro on Forest Road. If you do find yourself in need of extra cash there will be cash machines (ATMs) located within the Real Food Festival area. The ATMs are operated by a 3rd party company and will carry a charge of £2.95 per transaction.
Is available in both William Morris Gallery and Le Delice Café. Due to the large volumes of people expected across the weekend, WIFI might be slower than usual, so please be patient.
Temporary toilets will be located across the park. Please sign up to receive the Walthamstow Garden Party Festival Guide for more information.
Entry to the event is free and managed on a first come first served basis. The event site has a total capacity of 11,000 people and once the site is full, entry will be one in one out. Should you need to leave the site, and the site is busy, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to get back in, so come prepared!
5) CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
To ensure that all events organised by Waltham Forest Council run smoothly and are as enjoyable as possible for everyone, please be aware of the following terms and conditions of entry. Unless otherwise indicated, the following points relate to all Waltham Forest Council events.
- Alcohol, controlled drugs or substances suspected to be a controlled drug. Including “legal” highs and nitrous oxide canisters/dispensers aren't allowed into the event. Any containers that are unsealed will need to be checked so please be prepared to remove these from your bags and open them.
- There will be security carrying out body and bag searches at the entrances.
- Bicycles cannot be cycled in the park but can be brought into the park via the Brettenham Road entrance and left in the event cycle park.
- Strictly no roller skating, scootering, inline skating or skateboarding on the event site (unless part of the event in designated areas). The event will be very crowded, and this is to prevent accidents.
- There is no minimum age restriction; however, children under age of 14 are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Small and personal provisions of food and soft drinks will be allowed. There will be a wide range of food and drink available to purchase on site.
- No barbeques, unauthorised professional video equipment or gazebos can be brought into the Park
- Dogs can be brought onto the park during the event but must be kept on a lead. Please see Councils policy on dogs at events.
- This event is a no drone zone and all drones will be confiscated.
If you would like any more information about conditions of entry, please contact TESAL Event Logistics on Tel: 0203 743 7292
6) ROAD CLOSURES
Information regarding road closures will be updated closer to the time.
Information regarding parking will be updated closer to the time.